Awesome news on the DCS frontlines!
It’s official the F-14 Tomcat will be introduced into DCS. Leatherneck Simulations and Digital Combat Simulator have struck and agreement and Leatherneck released some goodies for all of us to drool on. This is still all in it’s beginning stages, and we all hope it the Tomcat makes it to the production line as a module. We all know leatherneck Simulators work. With the release of the DCS Mig-21 there is “zero” question about the quality and fidelity of their work.
This module is an absolute game changer!
We at the 104th Phoenix are SUPER excited to have a western Carrier based fighter! GO NAVY!
From the Developer:
“SWINOUJSCIE, POLAND – March 3rd 2015 – F-14A/B (A+) Tomcat coming to DCS World
Leatherneck Simulations, in association with The Fighter Collection and Eagle Dynamics are immensely proud to announce the development of the F-14 for DCS World!
The F-14 Tomcat is a fourth-generation, twin tail, supersonic naval interceptor aircraft, developed for the United States’ Navy VFX programme.
After its debut flight in 1970, and subsequent fleet introduction in 1974, the F-14 became the primary fleet defense and air superiority fighter for the U.S. Navy.
The legend of the F-14 only grew after the Hollywood smash-hit “Top Gun” – in which it was heavily featured.
Key Features of DCS: F-14A & B include:
- Highly Accurate 6-DOF (Degrees of Freedom) Cockpit
- Highly Accurate avionics and weapons system modelling – including the vaunted AWG-9 Radar system and AIM-54 Phoenix missiles.
- AIM-54 Phoenix Simulation with a CFD based AFM
- ‘JESTER AI’ – A Proprietary AI System for fully voiced, dependable and smart RIO/WSO
- Highly Accurate Flight Model – Based on Real Performance Data
- Both -A and -B Model F-14’s
- Multiplayer Multicrew capability. Fly together as RIO and Pilot!
- Animated Crew Members – Closely Integrated with JESTER AI
- Highly Detailed External Model, Animations and Textures
- Highly Accurate Aircraft System and Subsystem Modelling
- One Free Theatre bundled with the Aircraft
- Full, lengthy single-player campaign
- Full Suite of Documentation, including game manual, quickstart guides, and more.
- Fully voiced and interactive training missions, teaching you to fly and fight.
- …and much, much more!
At Leatherneck Simulations we strongly believe in raising the bar. We have never been comfortable with adhering to the status quo.
Currently we hope to complete development and enter BETA testing on the first version of the F-14 Tomcat by the end of 2015. Subject to significant change.
For the Development Team, the F-14 Tomcat will represent the culmination of years of experience and dedication.
Our passion is only rivaled by our ambition and we are pushing ourselves to be better than ever before.
So strap in and enjoy the ride, and get ready to experience the definitive F-14 Tomcat experience.