The 104th proudly announce our final OPFOR community wide event for FC2:
Saturday 7th of JULY Time: 20:30 – 23:30 GMT
Both Blue and Red forces comms will be hosted on the 104th Phoenix TeamSpeak Server.
ATTENTION: Start-time is 20:30 Zulu!
104th Dedicated Server. Password to be given during TS briefing
This will be a closed password required event. In order to sign-up, please post in the OPFOR 11-3 thread on the 104th forums that you wish to join. Make sure to include the names of all the pilots you would like to have participate including their 104th forum user name so that they may be setup with access to their respective planning room. Also include your preferred side to fly, the type of aircraft, and the airbase for every pilot. Note that you may not get your preferred plane slot and may be allocated differently in the interest of team balance. Participants will be accepted up to 48 hours before the event if there are available slots still left. All squadrons and individual ‘lone wolf’ players are welcomed. Once you have been signed on to the event, you will have access to a private planning room for your chosen side, either Red or Blue.
If you are not sure you can make it to the event or stay the duration of the mission, then please do not sign up! For the next event, you may not be allowed to participate if you are a no show. People with older PCs and/or internet connections should consider if their PC is up to the task of handling this event. Make sure to turn down all graphic options. Event is limited to 64 players maximum. 32 per side.
The first side that destroys the 6 main groups of enemy ground units first wins the battle and the mission will rotate. Each group of main ground units enters the mission after the previous one is destroyed.
Six months ago, the world stood in awe when the biggest archaeological discovery of mankind was announced by a German team from the University of Heidelberg. Remains of a 120,000 year old capital city were discovered in western Georgia. In the ruins many things were found, including books that were written in a very ancient language, as well as many unknown artifacts. Although not confirmed by official sources, these objects are believed to be a form of unknown technology. Now the world is re-writing its history books.
Very recently, strange vibrations were detected beneath the ruins. The patterns in these vibrations were artificial in nature and even contained a message. The German team began drilling and made a huge discovery. Quickly after this the Russian army came in, kidnapped the archaeologists, and took over the entire area. What exactly was discovered is unknown, but it was important enough that Georgia was invaded by the Russian army to gain control of the find. Soon after this aggressive Russian move, NATO forces came in and occupied the northern part of the Crimean area, and even large parts of Russia. In a desperate attempt for military support, Russian intelligence services sold information about the discovery to the Israeli secret service ‘Mossad’. Israeli forces were then sent to Georgia to support Russia and keep control of the area.
Legal payloads: No restrictions! R-77 allowed on Su-27 however NOT on outer pylons! No R-77 on Su-33!
– 1 Life per player. Players must exit the game server immediately after their death or a penalty will be applied.
– You may exit flight after landing and coming to a full stop at a friendly base to refresh game or choose a new available slot. This will not be counted as a loss. Ask admin for permission to rejoin before exiting.
– Pilots may land and rearm only at friendly available bases. Landing anywhere else will be considered a loss.
– Assigned player slots can be changed between pilots of the same team, if agreed between both pilots or if an empty slot is available.
– You cannot quit in flight intentionally during the event for any reason and rejoin. Players disconnected due to a game crash or internet disconnection may rejoin only after asking an admin to rejoin and explaining to the admin you had a game crash, or connection issue (use game chat or TS). You will not be allowed to reconnect at any time if you left the mission while you were engaged with any enemy (human or A.I.).
– All pilots must land BEFORE the end of the event. A notification will be given when there are 10 minutes left in the event. Any pilot still in the air at the end of the event will be counted as a loss and any points obtained by that pilot during that last flight will be revoked.
General server rules as listed in 104th mission briefing apply to this event. Max ping 400ms will be manually enforced by admin.
Turn down as many graphic options as you can.
Even more than you would normally flying online. Turn down all but textures.
textures high (for instrument readability)
water = normal
visible range = medium
heat blur = off
shadows = active planar
Connection speed in MP options = ASDL 256/128
Sign up in our forums:
BLUE – MAX 32
RED – MAX 32
Planning Rooms will be available soon..